Raptor Wont Start (it wont crank)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dunesdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

3 weeks ago i tried starting the truck and it wont start the starter wont turn at all there is no ticking noise or whatso ever , so i decided to remove the battery for a while and plug it in back and when i did it started fine, and last week same thing happened but this time i reflashed it with my sct X3 and the truck started fine, but since last week i had to keep turning the key on and off several times just to start it... its really getting frustrating .. the dealer is my last option since i have no warranty.. truck is a 2012 raptor 6.2 with LT Headers,catback,CAI and a 5 star tune that i have been running since i bought the truck.. could someone please help me

Thanks,

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

3 weeks ago i tried starting the truck and it wont start the starter wont turn at all there is no ticking noise or whatso ever , so i decided to remove the battery for a while and plug it in back and when i did it started fine, and last week same thing happened but this time i reflashed it with my sct X3 and the truck started fine, but since last week i had to keep turning the key on and off several times just to start it... its really getting frustrating .. the dealer is my last option since i have no warranty.. truck is a 2012 raptor 6.2 with LT Headers,catback,CAI and a 5 star tune that i have been running since i bought the truck.. could someone please help me

Thanks,

Sounds like the battery in your key is getting bad... Got to check IPATS system... DO you have the second key available to use? Try it..

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, same thing happened to me this afternoon. Came out to the truck after an early dinner and whammy.....everything would turn on but the engine. Trying jumping it, same result. Noticed some corrosion on the terminal, removed and cleaned it just to get the same result. Two questions...the battery in the remote and how do you get the dam, pardon my language, battery out of the truck? ;-)

OP
OP
D

dunesdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its not the key battery because i tried the spare key as well, and its not the car battery since mine is only 6 months old

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
Not sure if this will help anyone here, but try using the remote start. Make sure the *hood* and all doors are closed (I know for certain it won't work if hood is open, not sure on doors).

I had a deal a few months ago where my keys stopped working. Turned out that for the ~24 hours my truck sat on a dealer lot, they put a Ford add-on alarm in it. They didn't remove it correctly, and two years later a critical ignition-related wire came loose. But the remote start still worked, so at least I could drive it.

Evanscott29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this will help anyone here, but try using the remote start. Make sure the *hood* and all doors are closed (I know for certain it won't work if hood is open, not sure on doors).

I had a deal a few months ago where my keys stopped working. Turned out that for the ~24 hours my truck sat on a dealer lot, they put a Ford add-on alarm in it. They didn't remove it correctly, and two years later a critical ignition-related wire came loose. But the remote start still worked, so at least I could drive it.

off topic but the remote start will definitely work with doors open. Ive done so.