Raptor Lean

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Raptors lean to the drivers side by nature...with or without fuel. Not sure why. 2-2.5' does seem like a lot. Are you running stock leaf springs? How many miles? The spring on the drivers side looks sacked out.

OP
OP
p3rs1st

p3rs1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any ideas on what I should do next? Obviously the right one needs to be lowered to match the rest of the truck.. Is this something I could have a dealer do under warranty? Or should I go back to the place I had the mid perch done (cheaper labor to adjust it)

Or could I do this myself?

Red

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I say take to the shop that did the perch adj and see what they find. If they can't figure it out take it to dealer and act dumbfounded that it is sitting low on that side and see if they can figure out why. Just my $.02

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Check to see if a leaf is broke. No other way it would be sunk ok one said unless a leaf was broke or you just happened to get a messed up spring. Was it like this before mid perch?

Also check the shackles,

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
from where I'm sitting ( on my couch if you are wondering) ,that shock you took a pic of looks blown.... You can see the "moist" looking dirt sticking to the bottom of the resevoir. I would get it looked at, or take it off the truck and try to cycle it. if its really easy to move, its blown. Take you 10 minutes to take it off the truck.

Oh and i know the shock doesnt hold the truck up, but it could be prematurely wearing the leaf on that side.

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

Oh wait, your truck only has 8k miles on it... Did you happen to just tow something , or go offroading? The leaf springs might just breaking in. That's really common for one side to do that. But honestly, its probably just the Raptor lean. They all do it.

Last edited:

Banned
Reaction score
its a ford truck lean lol.
my ranger leans a bit to. not that much, but a bit.

Evilmonkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what's the outcome? I'm guessing the dealership replaced the left rear shock under warranty because it had no more nitrogen in it.