raptor and dust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pudelpointer

Reaction score
This may sound crazy but here goes anyway. Had my raptor a week. Love it. Curious though, I can wash my truck, drive for 5 minutes on clean streets, and the dam thing is covered with very fine, dense dust. I drove my friends 2011 in black (mine is blue) and it did the same thing. The stuff like sticks to the vehicle and the california car duster doesn't want to take it off. Its like a magnet. I know the air is dry but it seems weird. My suburban doesn't seem to have the same issue. I know I am going to take a beating for bitching about dust on an off-road truck but, hey, they look pretty great clean too. Anyone experience this?

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Never noticed. Probably because any fine layers of dust are immediately absorbed by the thick layers of mud and dirt.

:)

DynoDynge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do use a detailer on my vehicles that prevents static & seems to help with the dust accumulation here in the central valley.......

FX4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could try a static strap... its old school, but may help a bit if you are OCD.

I got curious and tried one out 2 or so years ago, it did not eliminate the dust completely but seemed to slow it down, that year was also pretty humid and still windy for our area which cut down on the static build up a bit. the following year was dry as a bone and windy as hell and nothing was helping then. I finally ripped it off cause it wasn't working and I got tired of hearing I had something hanging off my truck..

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
if you're using 2 different types of waxes on the finish of both vehicles, it can affect how much dirt or dust will stick to one or the other.

So unless the suburban and raptor are the same exact color, same exact amount of metallic, and same exact wax used, it's not an apples to apples comparsion. Colors make a big difference on how much dirt/dust you see, metallics make a big difference on how much you see, and wax makes a big difference on how much dirt/dust will stick.

I'm a big detailing guru after 12 years of owning black harley trucks, talk about OCD, and daily driving one of them, and I'm always trying new products. Zaino had been one of my all time favorites for longevity, but recently I've switched to Meguiars Ultimate line of products. Doesn't last quite as long as zaino, but still pretty long compared to other products, and I'm reallly impressed with how well dirt and dust doesn't stick to it. Normally I'd wash the vehicles every single week, but now I can go 2 weeks without getting that bug. Even in rain, normally makes a vehicle dirtier from road grime, it doesn't seem to stick to the Meg Ultimate wax, and actually washes more dirt off than was there to begin with.