Radio/Nav Steering Wheel Controls - Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been at the dealer for over two hours. Got it reprogrammed and it works but the iPod is showing connected but not accessible on the radio. The tech has been causing Microsoft up and down. He is rebooting the system again.

The tv channels suck ass in the dealer lounge. They have a 50" plasma with some Rickie Lake shit. :flipthebird:
at least its not oprah

OP
OP
Fred

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing fixed at the dealer today. The Tech ordered some $1500 part for the radio. Glad I am under warranty.

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing fixed at the dealer today. The Tech ordered some $1500 part for the radio. Glad I am under warranty.
i know the tech was in the truck but did he ever reset the radio? a lot of problems can be solved if you reset. are all your radio presets still there? if they are then it was never reset fully

OP
OP
Fred

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i know the tech was in the truck but did he ever reset the radio? a lot of problems can be solved if you reset. are all your radio presets still there? if they are then it was never reset fully

Yeah all the stations still there. I pulled the sync fuse #2 and #9. Still same problems. I have no idea if the system has been truly rebooted.... Dealing with Microsoft a true reboot is a standard procedure

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
to reset the radio it needs to be disconnected from behind the radio. if you send me a picture of your dash i can tell you how to do it

OP
OP
Fred

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have attached a picture of my dash.

Thanks for your help....

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 104

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
from what i can remember if you look closely the bottom of the radio bezel comes out first. you may need a putty knife so you can get in there without damaging you dash i dont remember if there are bolts there or not but you will see them if they are there. and then above the hazard switch there should be a trim piece that you can use the putty knife to lift up to reveal 2 7mm bolts that have to be removed. the face of the bezel is held on by retainer clips which you can use the putty knife to remove. you can disconnect all the wires there. then there a bunch of 7mm bolts holding the actual radio in place. be careful not to scratch your dash with the radio brackets when the radio comes out. you may need to pull the sides out a little to get it out disconnect the radio and let it sit for 5 minutes before plugging it back in. let me know if you get stuck

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Okay... why not pull the center speaker to reach the back of radio/nav unit... Remove rubber pad and a couple of bolts and lift up and back. Then you can easily reach all the connectors..

-Greg

OP
OP
Fred

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will give it a try.

Thanks again guys!

btw - I am selling my Microsoft Stock tomorrow!

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 9740

Pull up on rubber mat....

View attachment 9741

Remove the two bolts.. Yours will be black in color, mine are silver because of outlaw gps mount.. Also yours will not have a hole in front of the speaker like mine, this hole is for lowrance gps antenna and power cables.

View attachment 9742

Pull up front (closest edge to windshield) and slide forward..

View attachment 9744

There is a plastic lip that hold back edge.. (closest to you)

View attachment 9743

And here are all the navigation connectors, usb1, and usb2...

-Greg

Last edited: