Power Steering Whine, Stiffness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

upscrazy8

FRF Addict
Reaction score
260 plus a core charge from dealer, at least thats what i paid in PA during Havoc.

Another option: stay off the pavement and use the skinny pedal to steer

OP
OP
Rorywg

Rorywg

Reaction score
Replaced the PS pump and fluid- it's smooth, easy and perfect again. Time to try to find something else to break!

thanks for the help...

rory

D

Deleted member 12951

$260 doesn't seem bad at all. What does a typical dealer charge to install, you know if you are ever denied or out of warranty?

mike.s

Reaction score
Do any 3rd party companies repair/replace power steering pumps? I'd go to the dealer but I'm pretty sure they'll give me a hard time because of my mods.

upscrazy8

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The worst that they can do is say NO, what can it hurt. I'd say most mechanics could do it afterall, we did it Sat morning during Havoc at our campsite, <2hrs tops. just drop the skid and there she is. Back on the track sawing the wheel. And we are far from ASE Certified.(not sure of book time) Pumps are warranteed to 1yr after purchase from dealer. Dont quote me..

Last edited:

cwickd

Reaction score
My power steering was whining and the reservoir was low when I then checked it. Added a few ounces to bring it back up to level and it's still whining intermittently. Sounds like mine is going out as well - 2012 @ 37k miles. I wonder if I can back a service manager in the corner on this, since I'm 1000 miles past warranty?

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My power steering was whining and the reservoir was low when I then checked it. Added a few ounces to bring it back up to level and it's still whining intermittently. Sounds like mine is going out as well - 2012 @ 37k miles. I wonder if I can back a service manager in the corner on this, since I'm 1000 miles past warranty?

Let me know when you make an appointment at your dealer, cwickd. I'll escalate you up to the customer service manager for your region; they'll see what they can do to help. To get the ball rolling, PM me your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership.

Crystal