Power Steering Rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CB Freshness

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just thought everyone might like to know, according to ford, my power steering rack has finally gone out and my RPG tie rods are broken (they wont specify how they are broken) my dad took my truck to the dealership while i was out of town and they quoted him $4,000 to fix it. So I contacted Howe power steering and they have a special raptor kit they are hoping to release in the next month. So i called up ford and told them they could sit on their 4k quote. I will be taking my truck to a friends shop to be repaired while I'm away at school. New RPG tie rods and probably a Howe power steering system for less than Ford wanted for the obviously flawed stock system.

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
$4k that's absolutely disgusting, I thought the going price for a rack was like $1200. On the flip side I am excited to see the Howe system! That's been a long time coming!

RaptorBri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably just the heim joints are worn out on the tie rods and they don't know what to do with them. so they will replace with oem tie rods :( crazy guys!!

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Probably just the heim joints are worn out on the tie rods and they don't know what to do with them. so they will replace with oem tie rods :( crazy guys!!

Even rack, plus factory tie-rods doesnt add up to 4k.

Rack is $1200, it comes with the inner rods, outer rods are $70 a piece, and maybe 4 hours labor tops.

GBrown1867

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one of the first 10 Howe kits coming. It comes with a new pump, cooler, reservoir, hoses fittings and no rack. If your rack is bad you are still going to have to get it fixed along with the tie rods.

mike.s

Reaction score
I am interested in this! How much does it cost?

Last edited: