Power steering out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nickey

Reaction score
Went for light 4x4ing and lost power steering. Only have 4k miles. To new for this to go out. Anyone else have this problem? If so is there an upgrade for this weak ass pump?

OP
OP
N

Nickey

Reaction score
Not sure that was cause of pump failure but will find out tomorrow when i get my baby back. Great web site, appreciate the link

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
My pump broke 2 times already. I don't think it's because of the reservoir. going to try to add a steering cooler and see if it makes any differences

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What happens when the power steering pump goes out? I understand that you loose power steering but do you also blow power steering fluid everywhere?

And when you said you did some light 4x4ing, were you in sand or just a dirt road?

If the stock pump is weak, then why had someone not come up with a heavy duty pump?

Went for light 4x4ing and lost power steering. Only have 4k miles. To new for this to go out. Anyone else have this problem? If so is there an upgrade for this weak ass pump?

OP
OP
N

Nickey

Reaction score
Raptor911 said:
What happens when the power steering pump goes out? I understand that you loose power steering but do you also blow power steering fluid everywhere?

And when you said you did some light 4x4ing, were you in sand or just a dirt road?

If the stock pump is weak, then why had someone not come up with a heavy duty pump?

I had oil all over the engine and drivers side wheel well. Dealer cant find parts including high pressure hose to fix as they are on back order. He said common raptor problem