Power Folding Mirror malfunction upon using keyless entry...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So, I found a little easter egg this morning.

Didn't have my keys on me and just needed to grab something from the truck. Went into the garage and entered my code and when the lock popped, the power mirror appeared to try to fold itself in, but it was already folded by me last night before shutting down the Raptor for the night.

I moved the mirror switch down and it stopped the noise but didn't un-fold my mirrors.

I closed and locked the door and did the process all over again. Same thing.

I then un-folded the mirrors, closed and locked the doors and did it again.

Nothing happened. The door opened as usual, no mirror anything...

Kinda odd. Anyone feel like going outside and checking this out?

debate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone feel like going outside and checking this out?

Tried it a few different combinations of lock/unlock, but the mirrors stayed quiet.

Opening the door after physically putting the key in the door lock started a beeping countdown to the alarm unless I actually started the engine. This could be a drinking game.

Gamecock44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weird that happens to mine, but reverse...Usually I keep the mirrors folded in when I park and I usually just leave my keys inside when I head to the gym or whatever. When I punch in the code the mirrors make a click click click sound and kinda pop like they are trying to unfold but dont. As soon as I open the door though and push the button to unfold them they work fine...Just a little added bonus I guess. As long as they keep working.

Bar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gamecock44:

The mirrors, when folded, are probably getting knocked out of the saved position slightly. When you unlock the truck, the click click click you hear are the mirrors trying to go back to the saved position. The problem is, they are hitting the side of the truck.

Mine do that too.

OP
OP
swoop1156

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Alright, this is really pissing me off. I work out in the morning and ALWAYS fold my mirrors in so some ******-bag doesn't take them out. I do not carry my keys on me, but I don't want my mirrors always trying to move for some damn reason and then me having to open the door and hit the button twice.

Any ideas? Can Ford "re-program" them, or something?

Gamecock44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that tip Bar...I figured it was something like that. I don't think its too big of a deal just something of note I guess.

OP
OP
swoop1156

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In the process of trying to figure shit out, I finally have it to where they won't go click click click anymore.

If I leave the mirrors un-folded and open the door, such as I just parked and got out.
While the door is open, fold the mirrors.
Let them fold completely, then close the door.

Upon unlocking with the keypad, the mirror does not move.

What gives? wtf.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts