Poor Design

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DesaRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can confirm this is still an issue on the 2013. The body clips that hold the plastic door sill scuff plate has rubberized seals on it, but they don't hold back the moisture very well. Luckily here in S.E. Texas we don't get snow and ice very often and they don't use salts on the road. I have pull the covers off and there is moisture for sure. I am thinking maybe some silicone on the bottom of the bed pan where the clips attach might be a good idea.

wanderfalk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice find in the first place

so the water does not drain out of the same holes. in the years to come the restore guys will have to look there to decide if a truck is good for a full candidate.

---------- Post added at 08:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 AM ----------

should read restore candidate

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have to point out I've never seen water in mine and still clean.
I put on mud flaps the first day I picked up my truck.
Maybe that's the reason.
I even have wires running up through the grummets for the PopandLock and my bed cover,, both sides.
And have been through three NYC winters so far.

Last edited:

DesaRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do a lot of off roading. I find mostly sand in mine. But if sand gets in, I know what gets in. I have seen evidence ( water spots ) around the holes with sand. The rubberized clips are supposed to keep the moisture out, but don't seem to do a great job.

Zman12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well hopefully when I get my truck and I spray the shit out of the underside with MPHD it will take care of all of these nooks and crannies.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A little off topic here,
but the only time I get water inside the cab is when it's raining out!
I open my door and step into my truck and get hosed from the water on the roof. LOL
Why couldn't they leave the damn drip rails on roof edge!!!
Does it really cost that much that they skimped on this.
I know they where looking at everyway to get the weight down, but really!
Aerodynamics does not apply here either. LOL

And just imagine what we could have clamped on those rails!!!!!!!

Last edited:

M64D RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this on my 2012. When Jimmy form WSI was wiring up my lights he showed me. I was trying to figure out where it came from.

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bump this thread, i discovered these little yellow devils after i decided to go to the car wash and blast the underside of the truck from the TRR mud. Got home and pulled the floor mats to a puddle on the passenger side. And i did check and it does not appear to be the ac drain. Anyway i pulled the carpet back and cut out the padding underneath and let it all dry out. Wish i knew what a weak spot these where prior to the car wash lol. Guess ill be Gorilla taping those bad boys