Poor Design

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No shit. I'll be cleaning this while xBX is busting his ass with the perch adjustment!

OP
OP
IRONMAN

IRONMAN

Reaction score
I'd say that surgical tube trick is the way to go for that...

How would you use the surgical tube for this?
The water is coming from under the truck and seeps past the yellow washers or whatever they're called.

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Hydrostatic pressure is whats happening. When the washers are wet, they hold moisture between them and the body. Lube the **** outta them too!

OP
OP
IRONMAN

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Hydrostatic pressure is whats happening. When the washers are wet, they hold moisture between them and the body. Lube the **** outta them too!

This I will definitely do. Vaseline away...

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Carefull - if they are rubber, the petroleum based Vaseline may cause them to embrittle over the years. a Butyl based product may work longer, unless you plan to dump the truck in 5 years or so.

OP
OP
IRONMAN

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Carefull - if they are rubber, the petroleum based Vaseline may cause them to embrittle over the years. a Butyl based product may work longer, unless you plan to dump the truck in 5 years or so.

So what product then would be the best for this. It might depend on what exactly those yellow washers are made of.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How would you use the surgical tube for this?
The water is coming from under the truck and seeps past the yellow washers or whatever they're called.

Ah i missed that hole there... dam... why the **** did they do that? I need to look at that on mine and see... No way should that slot be through the truck floor.... that is a shit design for sure...

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Lol - mine are frozen so I can't tell what they are!
If it feels like they are rubber (soft, flexible) then grab a tube of gutter sealant from **** Depot. That stuff is almost pure butyl, and won't harm rubber. It never really cures, so it will stay soft and flexible for years.

If they are plastic, silicone is a better choice as it bonds well to both surfaces. It will cure, but as long as it has no sun exposure - it can last 20 years.

With either sealant - prep all surfaces with rubbing alcohol first as a primer/cleaner. That shit evaporates quick, and doesn't leave an oily residue. I buy the alcohol pads from the drugstore (in the diabetes section) as they are great for wiping things down then you can jsut throw away the pad.

OP
OP
IRONMAN

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Lol - mine are frozen so I can't tell what they are!
If it feels like they are rubber (soft, flexible) then grab a tube of gutter sealant from **** Depot. That stuff is almost pure butyl, and won't harm rubber. It never really cures, so it will stay soft and flexible for years.

If they are plastic, silicone is a better choice as it bonds well to both surfaces. It will cure, but as long as it has no sun exposure - it can last 20 years.

With either sealant - prep all surfaces with rubbing alcohol first as a primer/cleaner. That shit evaporates quick, and doesn't leave an oily residue. I buy the alcohol pads from the drugstore (in the diabetes section) as they are great for wiping things down then you can jsut throw away the pad.

Yes they were flexable / soft.
I don't understand why in the world ford eng.'s wouldn't design a better way of holding those down with out cutting through the body.
Just stupid.