Passenger side leather peeling, burnt heating elemen of seat ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03Cobraraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
26,000 miles mint condition
Noticed this on my seat
Seat heater is working fine but it's hot for sure

It seems like the top layer of the leather is just peeling off.
Can't recall anything on seat to cause this....
Any ideas?

image_9.jpg

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow, when the heater elements go bad they start to burn in certain areas. I know mine started burning my legs when it went bad, but i havent seen someone with a burnt/ruined seat from it. You under warranty still?

OP
OP

03Cobraraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes
Under warranty, from research I thought that the heating element would trip and not work.
Mine is working still but not sure If this even did the damage

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes it is typical behavior of the heater element going bad, it gets real hot for a few times then it eventually stops working. As for the burn marks it could be possible i guess.

Bar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just looked at my back seat. It is peeling in one small area (about the size of yours). No heater back there. Still under warranty, but I am guessing I'll get pushback on it.

OP
OP

03Cobraraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just looked at my back seat. It is peeling in one small area (about the size of yours). No heater back there. Still under warranty, but I am guessing I'll get pushback on it.

It looks terrible and is spreading with little effort. It's like the top layer is just flaking off.
I'm sure it will be under wear and tear if the heating element is fine

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You have heated and coloed seats? There is no element from my understanding. Its a peltier type setup that blows hot and cold air through channels in the seat foam.

You have an 03 Cobra too? I have a 03 coupe in DSG with a 2.3 Whipple on top.

OP
OP

03Cobraraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have heated and coloed seats? There is no element from my understanding. Its a peltier type setup that blows hot and cold air through channels in the seat foam.

You have an 03 Cobra too? I have a 03 coupe in DSG with a 2.3 Whipple on top.

Yes heated and cooled seats.

This is the first I've heard that the heating element works as you describe on the 2013/2014 raptor.

Yessir
03 cobra with Kb 2.2
Matches my truck

My 2 dream vehicles

R u on svtperformance?

Bar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes heated and cooled seats.

This is the first I've heard that the heating element works as you describe on the 2013/2014 raptor.

That is the case. The system sucks. Definitely no elements, Amd they aren't that warm in winter here. My 2011 had the heating elements, and they heated up fast and high.