Parking Break Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVT_Aaron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am experiencing an issue with my parking break, when I get in and get ready to drive off I pull to release the parking break but the light still shows that the parking break is still applied and the alarm is still going off. I have tried to solve the issue by going under the truck and physically pulling on the Parking break line to make sure it is released, then drove a couple of feet and noticed that the Parking break is not applied but the light and alarm are still on.

Has anyone else had this issue, or does anyone know how to fix it?

I am trying to avoid having to take a tirp to the dealer and having them keep it over night or a few nights...

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am experiencing an issue with my parking break, when I get in and get ready to drive off I pull to release the parking break but the light still shows that the parking break is still applied and the alarm is still going off...

Hi DoveTailGnomeo,

What's your truck's model year/mileage? Let me know if you decide to get your dealership involved; I'll be able to look into options to help once you've had them check it out.

Crystal

OP
OP
SVT_Aaron

SVT_Aaron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi DoveTailGnomeo,

What's your truck's model year/mileage? Let me know if you decide to get your dealership involved; I'll be able to look into options to help once you've had them check it out.

Crystal

Trucks year is 2013 and mileage is 42K, so far no intent in getting the dealership involved unless the issue becomes major.

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

Could it be a blown fuse?

I checked the fuses but they are all fine, and the issue only happens once I have applied and then released.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Try lifting up on the emergency brake peddle? Sounds like the sensor is still indicating that it is applied. Could be a weak spring that is not returning it to its driving position.

Help out the family's that these heroes left behind fighting for YOUR Freedom.
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=840845
Donate now!

Yukon Joe
Great Lakes Raptor Excursions
www.runraptorrun.com

SonofSaber

Reaction score
My 2012 does the same thing. When you pull the release lever just push the pedal up with your left toe and then release the lever. Like Yukon Joe said its probably just a weak spring and I only use my parking break like twice a month so I'm not too concerned about it.

OP
OP
SVT_Aaron

SVT_Aaron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try lifting up on the emergency brake peddle? Sounds like the sensor is still indicating that it is applied. Could be a weak spring that is not returning it to its driving position.

Help out the family's that these heroes left behind fighting for YOUR Freedom.
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=840845
Donate now!

Yukon Joe
Great Lakes Raptor Excursions
Run Raptor Run | Great Lakes Raptor Excursions (GLRE)

I will have to try to do that, do you know if there is a way to adjust the spring or brake peddle?

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 AM ----------

My 2012 does the same thing. When you pull the release lever just push the pedal up with your left toe and then release the lever. Like Yukon Joe said its probably just a weak spring and I only use my parking break like twice a month so I'm not too concerned about it.

Sweet hopefully that works, I will try that. I would use it almost daily then when winter came around I stopped using it to prevent it from freezing and not being able to release it. I dont use it anymore, but the concern is mostly for parking after towing (with trailer connected) etc..

Hotsauce2719

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you ever get this fixed? My 2014 is giving me the exact same problem now. I've taken it to the local dealer in Beavercreek, OH twice now. The first time they replaced the emergency brake assembly. Then a week later it started doing it again. Sometimes I could wiggle the pedal or the release lever around to get the light and alarm off so I was just going to ignore it. But then a few days ago I couldn't get the light off at all. I took back to the dealer and they said they must have installed a "faulty" assembly and replaced it for the second time.

Guess what happened this morning. Same thing again.

Is anyone else having this problem? If they replaced the entire assembly twice now what else could it be?

Thanks for any suggestions!
Nick

Dewback75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve had this issue for a while and found putting a spacer on the part of the pedal that contacts the sensor alleviates the issue. Until the spacer wears down or falls off. Is there an adjustment I am missing or a more permanent fix that’s been found to correct? About to try another spacer solution, but would prefer a more proper fix if one exists.

I don’t mind the 20 miles of chimes I have to endure every time my solution fails; its the inability to set Cruise that drives me nuts.

Last edited: