P0705 Code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NikeAirFrce1

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I appologize up front if there is a threat already dedicated to this topic. I just recently started having troubles with shifting in my truck. When I put my 2010 6.2 Raptor in reverse my backup camera doesnt work, and I get an illuminated wrench on my dash. The truck backs up a foot or 2, bucks, bangs and goes into limp mode (think this is what its called). Anyways I took the truck to Autozone, and they got the code P0705 which is Transmission Range Sensor. So my questions are... I just purchased the truck a few months ago, and am stll learning. Thank you in advance for your time and knowledge.

1. Where is this located on my Raptor and is it an easy DIY fix?
2. Would there be any indicators such as bad harness, sensor, further transmission issues etc... I dont know if this type of failure could mean something deeper is messed up, or if its a common failure that the sensor itself goes.
3. Does this particular sensor cause damage to the transmission itself if I continue to drive? It seems fine driving in any forward gears, but I got a check engine today (opposed to just wrench). If I shut the truck off and restart then the wrench goes away, but not check engine.