P0300 Random Cylinder Misfire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z3r0Eff3ct

Reaction score
Looking for help. Have a 2013 FORD RAPTOR and getting random cylinder misfire code P0300. It was all fine up until a week ago where it started to give me the code and the truck doesn't run right.

Anyone had this issue or know what it can be? Took it to a dealer but they were no use. They said "hokey pokey, you know how it is, you'll either need a tune up or a new engine". Almost got into a physical fight with them and got my truck back. Trying to get to the bottom of the issue. Any help appreciated.

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sometimes random misfires can be caused by vacuum leaks. may want to see a independent shop and request a smoke test. they introduce smoke into the intake system and if you have a leak it will be evident. just a possibility.

OP
OP
Z

Z3r0Eff3ct

Reaction score
Only 73,000 miles.

Just did a compression test and cylinder 1 is not showing any compression. Hmmm...

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's not good, take the valve cover off, see what's going on there.
You can buy one of those small scopes with and led screen to stick in the spark plug holes.
I bought one for $42 on Amazon.

If you don't have the extended warranty your out of luck.
Figure $7,500 to $10,000 installed for a refurbish replacement engine from Ford.

You think you might have ingested water?

Last edited: