Is this one of the blend doors??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
******** it!! The air only blows out the a/c dash vents now, can adjust the temperature and the fan speed, but the air will only blow out these vents, no matter which method I pick!

OP
OP
CoronaRaptor

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the same air coming out the drivers side and passenger side though, it's not like it's the left or right blend door, more like whatever controls where the air goes, such as to the defrost, floor or dash. Is this still a blend door or is there something else?

Thats why i posted that thread he said that heat would come out one side and cold air out the other, it seems like you have a different problem. But i am not sure.

OP
OP
CoronaRaptor

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think I do have something different, I can also adjust the heat and cd from one side to the other.

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Corona, I'm not an expert, put it is my understanding that the 'classic' blend door actuator problem is that it locks on either hot or cold. I also see that you have 801, which I seem to remember has additional doors versus my stock unit.

OP
OP
CoronaRaptor

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Corona, I'm not an expert, put it is my understanding that the 'classic' blend door actuator problem is that it locks on either hot or cold. I also see that you have 801, which I seem to remember has additional doors versus my stock unit.
Yes, the hot and cold function is all 100% operation as is the hot and cold from left to right. Looking on the f150 forums it could be this actuator behind the navigation screen. Its not an urgent repair as the temperature is mild now and the defrost isn't needed, but I don't like to leave shit broken.

Will probably call the dealer Monday and see how much they want to diagnos it, but im still scared to take this kind of problem to a dealer without not knowing 100% what the issue is.