OBDII port not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedTailHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure I'm not the first to have this problem, but couldn't find any other threads on this topic.

I need to get Virginia State inspection and emissions test, but I have the 5Star tune, so I need to reset back to stock. Nothing magical here, but I have to go thru this step every 2 years. Anyway, I plugged in my 5Star tune into the OBDII port and no power. I read that it is on same fuse as cigar lighter. So I replaced the fuse in the power distribution box in the engine compartment. But still no power.

Any suggestions on what else I can check, do, or fix?

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm sure I'm not the first to have this problem, but couldn't find any other threads on this topic.

I need to get Virginia State inspection and emissions test, but I have the 5Star tune, so I need to reset back to stock. Nothing magical here, but I have to go thru this step every 2 years. Anyway, I plugged in my 5Star tune into the OBDII port and no power. I read that it is on same fuse as cigar lighter. So I replaced the fuse in the power distribution box in the engine compartment. But still no power.

Any suggestions on what else I can check, do, or fix?

Are you sure you shouldn't have replaced the fuse in the passenger kick panel not the engine bay?

OP
OP
RedTailHawk

RedTailHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sure you shouldn't have replaced the fuse in the passenger kick panel not the engine bay?

I've seen so many threads on other sights where people couldn't agree which fuse was tied to OBDII. Do you know which one?

OP
OP
RedTailHawk

RedTailHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ll have access to another scanner this weekend. In the meantime, anyone know which fuse controls OBDII on a 2011?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
RedTailHawk

RedTailHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I plugged in another scanner and confirmed no power on the OBDII port. Anyone know which fuse is for the OBDII?

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Its labeled "Datalink" in your owners manual, for a 2010 its fuse 20 in the passenger kick panel. Check your owners manual for that fuse label.

OP
OP
RedTailHawk

RedTailHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its labeled "Datalink" in your owners manual, for a 2010 its fuse 20 in the passenger kick panel. Check your owners manual for that fuse label.

Thanks. I found Datalink in my fuse box diagram. For a 2011 its fuse #24 and its shared with the steering wheel control module. Everything with my steering wheel seems fine, but I'll change the fuse anyway. Thanks for pointing me in the direction of the datalink. I just had a way track mind searching for OBDII.

OP
OP
RedTailHawk

RedTailHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correction. The previous info was from a owners manual I found online. My actual manual indicates #24 is a Cigar Lighter. However, #24 was missing. The only thing I can think of is the Ford dealership pulled it back in the fall when they did the fuse relocation for the fuel pump module. Anyway, popped a 15Amp fuse in and the OBDII port is working.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Correction. The previous info was from a owners manual I found online. My actual manual indicates #24 is a Cigar Lighter. However, #24 was missing. The only thing I can think of is the Ford dealership pulled it back in the fall when they did the fuse relocation for the fuel pump module. Anyway, popped a 15Amp fuse in and the OBDII port is working.

That will be one bitcoin for ~2mins of google time.