Noise pissing me off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
So starting like 3 days ago whenever I get above 4000rpm this really loud, really annoying high pitched buzzing or vibration sound comes from below my shifter. I pulled my entire console out and looked around...even drove around and it could not pin point the noise. It sounds like a penny in a tin can rattling really fast. I don't want to take it to the dealership cause I really don't want them breaking all the clips pulling my interior apart. :flipthebird::baby::(

any ideas?

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Did something come lose you think? Does it sound like a bolt rattling around?

Raptorguy21

The Bob Vila of Trucks
Reaction score
So starting like 3 days ago whenever I get above 4000rpm this really loud, really annoying high pitched buzzing or vibration sound comes from below my shifter. I pulled my entire console out and looked around...even drove around and it could not pin point the noise. It sounds like a penny in a tin can rattling really fast. I don't want to take it to the dealership cause I really don't want them breaking all the clips pulling my interior apart. :flipthebird::baby::(

any ideas?

You may have no other choice if you don't feel comfortable enough to take it apart yourself

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I got a "guy" down at the dealership. I stopped in today after a trip because it got worse and I was able to pin point it near the glove box. After a road test we pulled it in to the garage and revved it repeatedly over 3500rpms inside the garage(i loved every minute of it...the garage came to a stand still for about 5 minutes while this was going on). The tech felt the vibration coming from the heater box behind the glove compartment. They are stumped but can drop the unit pretty easily to take a look. It's like a loud wheering/whistling sound. It does it with the A/C on or off. W

When I walked in they were like oh great another ******* with some phantom noise in his dash...then after the road test the guy was like wow that is horrible, lol.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems like this is far from your first battle with strange noises in your truck...
maybe you need to bring those sensitive ears down hear and pinpoint my Mighty ******'s unusual noises!

Perhaps being a drummer/percussionist and having had plenty of ear-damaging nights behind a drum kit and in between P.A. speakers is the reason, but I never seem to notice unusual noises (other than squealing brakes right now) and I pound the shit out of my truck offroad and have had Julian disassemble almost my entire interior and put it back together.... still no squeaks or noises. If anyone should have them, it should probably be me.... either I got lucky or I'm just going deaf from playing music. :)

BentToast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Seems like this is far from your first battle with strange noises in your truck...
maybe you need to bring those sensitive ears down hear and pinpoint my Tighty ******'s unusual noises!

Perhaps being a drummer/percussionist and having had plenty of ear-damaging nights behind a drum kit and in between P.A. speakers is the reason, but I never seem to notice unusual noises (other than squealing brakes right now) and I pound the shit out of my truck offroad and have had Julian disassemble almost my entire interior and put it back together.... still no squeaks or noises. If anyone should have them, it should probably be me.... either I got lucky or I'm just going deaf from playing music. :)

First of all Jangles, there was WAY TMI in that post. Nobody wants to hear about what Julian does to your interior.

Is there something underhood you forgot and left there? Have you hooked anything up to the aux switches? Ford needs to fix it, or theres always the lemon law

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First of all Jangles, there was WAY TMI in that post. Nobody wants to hear about what Julian does to your interior.

You sure have been spending a lot of time envisioning me in risque ****** scenarios lately.... I don't know whether to take that as a compliment or something creepier....

Is there something underhood you forgot and left there? Have you hooked anything up to the aux switches? Ford needs to fix it, or theres always the lemon law

I don't have much experience with the Lemon Law, but I find it hard to imagine that a squeak or rattle alone could constitute a vehicle as a Lemon

Raptorguy21

The Bob Vila of Trucks
Reaction score
You sure have been spending a lot of time envisioning me in risque ****** scenarios lately.... I don't know whether to take that as a compliment or something creepier....

I don't have much experience with the Lemon Law, but I find it hard to imagine that a squeak or rattle alone could constitute a vehicle as a Lemon

I would take it as a compliment, just sayin' :naughty:

As for the Lemon Law, it varies from state to state and some states don't even have or enforce the lemon law. You'll need to check on your state's website or go to this website......

http://www.lemonlawamerica.com/

But for the most part, your vehicle has to have the same problem over and over and over again, and the dealership has to replace that part with a new one every time with in a certain amount of time, for example......lets say your tranny keeps going out "due to manufactuer's defects" (thats gonna be hard to prove it ain't abuse) and they replace the tranny 4 times in less than 6 months, in some states that qualifies for the lemon law