Noise from front when stopping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FireLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had my 2011 Scab for a few days now, I am the 2nd owner. Truck has 18,500 miles

I have driven it about 1k of those miles and never noticed anything until last night.

Was comming up to a stop sign and was using the brakes. Right before the truck came to a stop I heard and felt a crazy loud bang and the truck ****** like I hit sometime. def. came from the front end.

The truck drove great following the noise and did not do it after, and nothing seems to be out of place.

It was raining last night when this happend and the roads were slick. but I wasnt going very fast and did not have to hit the brakes very hard to complete the stop.

Thanks for any information!!

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have had my 2011 Scab for a few days now, I am the 2nd owner. Truck has 18,500 miles

I have driven it about 1k of those miles and never noticed anything until last night.

Was comming up to a stop sign and was using the brakes. Right before the truck came to a stop I heard and felt a crazy loud bang and the truck ****** like I hit sometime. def. came from the front end.

The truck drove great following the noise and did not do it after, and nothing seems to be out of place.

It was raining last night when this happend and the roads were slick. but I wasnt going very fast and did not have to hit the brakes very hard to complete the stop.

Thanks for any information!!

Do ya thing you were braking on the paint at the crosswalk? That can do what you experienced...

OP
OP
FireLT

FireLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do ya thing you were braking on the paint at the crosswalk? That can do what you experienced...

I was thinking maybe the ABS tripped out for a second?? I was near a school, so I might have slid for a second on the road paint..

Did you run over a pedestrian or a hybrid?

I thought that I might have hit a midget...

OP
OP
FireLT

FireLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HAHA, So I am assuming the ABS tripped out because my front tire slid on the wet road/paint...

Thanks Guys!!:peace:

windsor

Reaction score
How about a slip yoke? See recall 11b25. I have had a couple trucks make a clunk noise with a feeling of getting hit in the rear end. When the slip yoke binds it will do both of these. These does depend on your build date. Good luck.

OP
OP
FireLT

FireLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about a slip yoke? See recall 11b25. I have had a couple trucks make a clunk noise with a feeling of getting hit in the rear end. When the slip yoke binds it will do both of these. These does depend on your build date. Good luck.

The truck had the recall done. I had ford run the vin prior to purchase to make sure it was okay. They said the shaft was done. Has there been another update or anything?