no light with truck running

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wakejunky

Reaction score
I installed a 50" light bar facing backwards. I tied into the reverse lights..so, when I put the truck in reverse, it lights up. It works if the truck is not running. If I start the start the truck, then not even the stock reverse lights turn on.

Can anyone help?

Attachments

• 20150503_195810.jpg
    20150503_195810.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 116
OP
OP
wakejunky

wakejunky

Reaction score
Why not?!

ummm...so I can see behind me at night. Ha...my boat ramp doesn't have good lighting. I put a 40" on the boat, and the 50" on the truck. I can totally see, now.

I spliced into the reverse light circuit on the driver's side reverse light. I am going to try the reverse light in the trailer connections next, I guess (too much draw?)

Any ideas?

Attachments

• NCM_0356.jpg
    NCM_0356.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 78
OP
OP
wakejunky

wakejunky

Reaction score
got it!

I got it to work. I tied into the 7 wire trailer plug...the middle (grey with black stripe) is reverse...grounded to the truck...all works. Put the truck in reverse, and bam! lots of light behind me! Next is some distance lights on a RPG light rack (facing forward, obviously). The 20", 30", and 40" do pretty good, but always need more.

Although the forum didn't help this time, it has helped in the past, and I appreciate what you guys have going on here. Hopefully, this will help someone, too.