New truck water leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor92

Reaction score
Hello All

At around 400 miles on the clock
My truck has never seen rain or thunderstorms
Only Washed twice
Recently water has been dropping onto my floor mats driver side only after my second wash. No idea from were.
Under rubber floor mat is bone dry.
This happens after a drive on an incline.
The amount of water leaking doesnt exceed what is shown, and most probably is comming from under dash area.

Any ideas are much appreciated.
It is upsetting to experience this.

Attachments

• IMAG1650.jpg
    IMAG1650.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 26
OP
OP
R

Raptor92

Reaction score
Located in Jordan
At around 3300ft/1000m above sea level.

Any way to check though?

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jordan as in the Arab country?

Anyway, you can set up the conditions where it normally shows the water and get under the dash with a flashlight to see where it is coming from. I assume you're running the air conditioning when the water appears? Make sure the AC is on fresh air rather than recirculate as well.

OP
OP
R

Raptor92

Reaction score
Yup

Doesnt necessarily leak when the A/C is running
Doubt AC since its on the driver side only.

Umlify

Reaction score
Wow. That is the exact description and exact location of a water leak I experienced on my new (now returned lemon law) F-250.
It happened only when it rained, only when parked at a certain angle, water dropped down onto that exact location. Take a flashlight and look directly above the water leak, you will more than likely see water droplets sporadically throughout under the dash.
Dealer had it for 65 days with zero solutions. Lemon law and it was bought back from me.

I’m really sorry to hear you have this problem, especially in Jordan. I love that country, been there many times, even knew and hung out with the guy who owned all the Ford dealerships and importing for Jordan. Unfortunately I’ve lost his contact throughout the years.

*** edit
Re-read your post and it seems like you’re saying it hasn’t happened when it rains?
If so, I agree with the others. Probaly an air conditioner condenser problem, sometimes they also get clogged on the right side causing it to leak like that

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Raptor92

Reaction score
Whats upsetting is that my raptor has never seen rain, always garaged. Im trying to at least pin point the problem since Ford's service garage isnt up to standards here. I wont let the technicians tear down my interior , the truck is at 600km technically brand new.

I do know the owner of Ford dealerships over here, if you would like i am able to retrieve his contact info.

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have seen the results of insects (spiders mainly) building their web nests inside the vent system in other vehicles. I had one where the AC drain would clog up with the crap and eventually fill up with condensate to the point of leaking into the floor and even filling up until the blower fan would pick it up. If you don't trust the dealer (not unusual!), then you'll need to inspect and find the problem yourself.

I would start with looking for the source of the drips, just to know that fact. Then I would locate and inspect the AC evaporator drain hose for clogged or otherwise compromised opening. It may be insects, or it may be some manufacturing flash or insulation material blocking the drain. You will need to insert something into the drain to make sure it is open. If there's room, you can put a vacuum cleaner over it to suck out any material that may be inside.

OP
OP
R

Raptor92

Reaction score
I can confirm that it isnt the AC since i keep the system turned off to troubleshoot the problem