new pulley?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sidram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When the lightings were hot a lot of the guys were putting on new pulleys for power. Anyone give it a thought on the Raptor? I am not sure the advantage.

LD50

Reaction score
The pulley swap was popular on the Lightnings and '03, '04 Cobras to spin the Eaton superchargers faster and build more boost. Unless you're talking about underdrive pulleys for the accessories like alternator and A/C. If I recall correctly, those had varying degrees of success depending on the particular motor. I looked into them for my '03 Mach 1 and it was not recommended. Who knows with the 6.2.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Usually a pulley swap is talking about the supercharger pulley. Switching to a smaller pulley will make it spin faster increasing boost. The other underdrive pulleys can get you some power but IMO not enough to put on a vehicle you will be driving. They basically decrease the effectiveness of the A/C compressor or alternator.