Warning about rear window defrosters!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So, how many members have just unplugged their rear defroster? I mean, these are high $$$ trucks, seems stupid to have to do this.

I bet if Mercedes or BMW had this issue, something would be done to correct it.......

I've seen this brought up many times regarding this failure, but is Ford doing anything about it? @FordService

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks I'm hoping it works out. It's mostly for principle because if I go through my insurance it's only $100 deductible but what's right is right. Ford knows it's an issue so these windows should be replaced no questions asked when they shatter. Here's a pic for everyone's enjoyment lol.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 163

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks I'm hoping it works out. It's mostly for principle because if I go through my insurance it's only $100 deductible but what's right is right. Ford knows it's an issue so these windows should be replaced no questions asked when they shatter. Here's a pic for everyone's enjoyment lol.

I just don't get it. This isn't new technology.....

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just left Ford and they are submitting it through the warranty and will let me know what they say in 24 hours. I went in and talked to the finance manager who knows me since I've bought over 30 trucks from him for my company and him and I sat down with the service manager to get him to submit it. He said that I should have told him who I was when I called. Lol ok. I told him I appreciate that but it shouldn't matter if I bought one vehicle or 50 from them the service should be the same. I think they're butt hurt because I didn't buy any of my Raptors from them lol. Hopefully Ford approves it without any issues. I let you guys know what happens. I'm thinking of shattering the other two windows so they all match until it replaced because it's irking me that it looks unsymmetrical lol. ******* OCD.

Gilligan

Reaction score
Was this on your '14?

Just left Ford and they are submitting it through the warranty and will let me know what they say in 24 hours. I went in and talked to the finance manager who knows me since I've bought over 30 trucks from him for my company and him and I sat down with the service manager to get him to submit it. He said that I should have told him who I was when I called. Lol ok. I told him I appreciate that but it shouldn't matter if I bought one vehicle or 50 from them the service should be the same. I think they're butt hurt because I didn't buy any of my Raptors from them lol. Hopefully Ford approves it without any issues. I let you guys know what happens. I'm thinking of shattering the other two windows so they all match until it replaced because it's irking me that it looks unsymmetrical lol. ******* OCD.

Be sure to post a how to video if you do that mod !

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I remote started my truck this morning like I usually do since it was 40 degrees and when I got into the truck just as I was getting ready to back out of my driveway I heard a loud pop and after looking around noticed that my rear window was shattered...

Hi cbcgeneral,

I definitely want to jump in here and see what I can do to help out. How many miles are on your Raptor?

...I've seen this brought up many times regarding this failure, but is Ford doing anything about it? @FordService

Hi 2014RubyRed,

I don't have access to our engineering folks, but if you have questions about any known issues or service bulletins, you can always give your local Ford Dealership's service department a call.

Crystal

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi cbcgeneral,

I definitely want to jump in here and see what I can do to help out. How many miles are on your Raptor?

Hi 2014RubyRed,

I don't have access to our engineering folks, but if you have questions about any known issues or service bulletins, you can always give your local Ford Dealership's service department a call.

Crystal

Thanks Crystal. I'm sure, like most dealerships, that mine isn't aware of any corrective actions regarding this issue. I just feel like if Ford keeps fixing these things and people keep having issues with them, that maybe they would address it and fix it. Wishful thinking and hoping that it doesn't happen to mine......