Warning about rear window defrosters!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MC B2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mass produced glass, while high in quality is far from being 100% perfect. It would be interesting to see the actual numbers on breakage, but my guess is it's well south of 1/10th of 1%.

Seems like the easy workaround is to warm the cab for a few minutes, allowing the inner layer of glass to transmit some heat to the outer layer prior to engaging the defrost.

Java

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It happened to my truck. It seems like that kind of stuff always happens when you are out of town. I know at least 4 other Raptors it has happened to. The warming the cab idea doesn't work..it is winter. Mine popped after I was driving for at least 20 minutes in a terrible snow storm.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wasn't kidding about my defroster not working. I brought it in today for service and there is a short in the grid. They want to check with Ford next week before replacing the entire rear window. What sucks is the window was tinted and I just put 3 new decals on it a couple weeks ago.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 309

All The Way

FRF Addict
Reaction score
GetInline.aspx

You cant link to pictures in your hot mail account