New Front End Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok...so I was pulling in the garage and when I turn the wheels there is a "squeak squeak" noise....

-just stared today
-happens when I turn the wheel at slow speeds or stopped, hard articulation of the wheel.
-when I turn the wheel while stopped it squeaks than stops
-if I am moving and turn the wheel hard over than back no noise
-sounds like it is coming from somewhere in the middle of the front under second skid plate.

When I come into the garage I need to turn the wheels hard over and that is when I notice the squeak noise. it doesn't matter if the truck is in reverse or forward or neutral.

35"x12.50 Nitto Trails method DS wheels
Mid Perch

Almost sounds like a squeaky mattress...

Any thoughts?

Towerhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Troubleshoot the problem. You say it does it while stopped, so get someone else behind the wheel to duplicate the problem while youre out front getting a closer look. You can also take a sheet of paper, roll it into a cone, put one end to your ear to help narrow down what it is.

OP
OP
Fred

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys thanks for the replies...Sorry I was a little freaked out last evening when I heard the squeaking sound. It did not sound good.

So...I took it to the dealer this morning. We dropped the skid plates and the noise stopped. It appears their was something rubbing from the skid, either the skid itself or some trash got in there.

So it is all good now...

FYI - I was talking to the Tech and I said I was really worried that if it was something that needed replacing, warranty might not cover it since I had after market tires and wheels and was on the mid perch...He said "seriously, you been on to many Forums, reading their horror stories" I asked the service manager the same thing and he agreed...He even asked if I had been off road hard recently, i said as far as you know no, he said it doesn't matter it is what the truck was designed for..."I would be pissed if you didn't"...

So all is good for now, oh and i have stock UCAs and tied rods...

Fred

Xbman

Reaction score
Ya they usually say that until you take it in. That's usually when things aren't covered anymore do to aftermarket addons and offroading

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Agreed. Please note all warranty work has to be approved by Ford because they pay the dealers. If Dealers don't get paid then they will charge you.

Ya they usually say that until you take it in. That's usually when things aren't covered anymore do to aftermarket addons and offroading