Need help! Vehicle locked up!

• Thread starter Deleted member 17706
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 17706

Okay, so I go to get in my Raptor this morning and the vehicle is completely locked up. I can not get the driver's door to unlock manually to even get inside the vehicle. There is literally no evidence of life. No lights, sound, or anything. I drove it yesterday to Costco and did not have a problem. Suggestions???

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 17706

Can't you unlock vehicle with your ignition key in door?
Obviously dead battery, or loose terminals

No, when I insert the key in the door it won't turn over to unlock the door. I can't get into to it to even pop the hood.

Backinblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did the problem end up being for you?

Truck was parked for 8 weeks and the so called "Power Magic" Power supply for my dash cam drained my battery. Supposed to turn off when battery gets too low. It was explained to me this is called parasytic drain. Now I manually turn it off if the truck sits.

Gilligan

Reaction score
What about hooking up a battery charger to the power cable going to the starter then ground to the frame? Might give enough power to unlock with the remote..

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 17706

Truck was parked for 8 weeks and the so called "Power Magic" Power supply for my dash cam drained my battery. Supposed to turn off when battery gets too low. It was explained to me this is called parasytic drain. Now I manually turn it off if the truck sits.

What about hooking up a battery charger to the power cable going to the starter then ground to the frame? Might give enough power to unlock with the remote..

I was finally able to get the door to unlock manually. You could hear the motor on the door whining when I finally got the door to unlock? I've never had that happen, when you insert the key into the door and it won't unlock. The battery was dead, so I have it charging.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Waaaaait. So we're saying that the physical/key door unlock is STILL electrical?! Guess I've never noticed since I always use the clicker or the door pad - but this seems like a horrible design idea.