MyKey - MeStupidity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexasBlues

Reaction score
hey all-

2013 SCAB, Tux black, black int, 6.2L

was playing with the new keys and the key that use as my DD key has been set as a mykey...

of course, I didn't check the OTHER key before I set my DD key and now I think theyre BOTH mykeys...

when I put them in (either of them)

start engine (or in 'ON' position)

info -->

mykey -->

all I get is an admin key message, and admin key mileage... no option to change either...

has my stupidity just cost me $200 for a new key(s)?

I also need to get the door code reset (bought the truck used) and have no owners manual...

any thoughts or suggestions other than pulling my head out of my ass?!

thanks...

TB

SchultzLD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The door key will be written on the computer up under the glove box. Or call Ford, they may verify your info then give you the key code.

Sorry, no clue on the my key thing, never used it.

OP
OP
T

TexasBlues

Reaction score
thanks everyone... i'll see what I can find out...

damn curiosity... ALWAYS gets me into trouble >=/

Pyro3601

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im perty sure your gunna have to take a trip to ford. they should be able to unlock it with their factory scan tool. shouldent have to buy another key however

TScozz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Im perty sure your gunna have to take a trip to ford. they should be able to unlock it with their factory scan tool. shouldent have to buy another key however
I did the same thing on my 2011, and had to purchase a new key. I learned not to play on my 2014.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

dicktracy09

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey all-

2013 SCAB, Tux black, black int, 6.2L

was playing with the new keys and the key that use as my DD key has been set as a mykey...

of course, I didn't check the OTHER key before I set my DD key and now I think theyre BOTH mykeys...

when I put them in (either of them)

start engine (or in 'ON' position)

info -->

mykey -->

all I get is an admin key message, and admin key mileage... no option to change either...

has my stupidity just cost me $200 for a new key(s)?

I also need to get the door code reset (bought the truck used) and have no owners manual...

any thoughts or suggestions other than pulling my head out of my ass?!

thanks...

TB

I had to find the keypad code on my 2013 as well. found this you tube video. worked like a charm. not sure about your key issue, or if because of your key issue, if this will work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuaZuD1xX0E

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

TexasBlues

Reaction score
thanks everyone... i'll try the double key thing... and plan my trip to the local stealer for a key clear...

too many toys...