My wet Roush Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spencer4336

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You think your insurance company would notice a missing supercharger ;)????

Sucks but best bet would be to let them take it and go get another truck. There's a clean roush package one at my local dealership if you go that route

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 12951

So I assume that water entered into the cab? It didn't look that deep. If so, how much water got in there to fry the fuse box?

Hazzard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMHO wet roush raptor + $7k equals more than $22,500 cash in pocket. Even if total loss and you cant fix it you could part it out for more than 22,500.

srs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would keep the truck, my opinion based on what I went through when I sunk mine, and it was worse than what you are showing...if I was in Rookie's situation I would probably have a different opinion.

Attachments

• mud.png
    mud.png
    369.2 KB · Views: 49
  • mud.jpg
    mud.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 41
D

Deleted member 12951

I would keep the truck, my opinion based on what I went through when I sunk mine, and it was worse than what you are showing...if I was in Rookie's situation I would probably have a different opinion.

That looks like @Rookie's situation

srs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks like @Rookie's situation

Yeah, it was identical to depth. But my damage was a lot less. I didn't get anything sucked into the engine either. I hit that hole going about 35. All other areas around there were only about 6" deep. This one apparently had several jeeps digging themselves in deeper weeks before (I found out later). Mud holes are ******* deceiving bastards! I was only in there for about an hour also. I had a foot of water in the foot wells all the way to about an inch at the back cab wall.

Bad, bad day.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I still don't believe I sucked water in the engine. I think my problems were electronic but I'm not gonna go there. I get a little feisty thinking about it.

Remember, you cannot secure financing for a salvage title. So resale is pretty much shot unless the buy can pay cash or take out another type of loan.

My advice is still to take the money and get another one.

freedommotorsports.us

Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

srs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still don't believe I sucked water in the engine. I think my problems were electronic but I'm not gonna go there. I get a little feisty thinking about it.

Remember, you cannot secure financing for a salvage title. So resale is pretty much shot unless the buy can pay cash or take out another type of loan.

My advice is still to take the money and get another one.

I guarantee you I would have the same opinion after going through what you did. I did have to replace both idler pulleys but that was the only engine issue I had.

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's funny every time I've been off-roading and seen puddles I've always made a beeline towards them but since seeing some of your guys horror stories I avoid them at all cost and even turn around if I have to. Unless I see other people and just watch them like they're my guinea pigs and see how they do going through it lol.