Moonroof question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Just noticed when I hit the one-touch open button for the moonroof, it opens all but the last inch or so of travel. Then I have to push and hold to get that last inch open. Is this by design?

IRONMAN

Reaction score
hmmm. I've never really noticed that. I just hit the button and let it do it's thing. Didn't even notice if it would go back any further. I'll check.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
yeah, mine does that too. you hit the auto open and it opens like 90% and then if u hold it down it will slide all the way back. i asked the dealership about it months ago and the answer i got was: most cars do this because opening it all the way causes buffeting (that pounding sound the air makes at high speed). you can open it all the way if you want to at slow speeds or while stopped but generally most people will keep it at that 90% "comfort" position for normal driving for wind noise reduction. it makes sense because the Ventshades company makes those wind deflectors to reduce wind noise. In this case it looks like Ford integrated the feature to reduce buffeting(and probably trips to the dealership)

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
I'd offer my two cents but its frozen shut for the next few months... I do remember it opening 90% but the interior visor lined up with it so i didnt notice a problem.
As a smoker, with long hair, I rarely open it anyways.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I'd offer my two cents but its frozen shut for the next few months... I do remember it opening 90% but the interior visor lined up with it so i didnt notice a problem.
As a smoker, with long hair, I rarely open it anyways.

:peace: