moonroof help!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

svtippy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm out now and my moon roof won't shut. It right to the end where it's about to lift into place then goes back open. And advice or help will be greatly appreciated

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm thinking its probably a end switch problem or the overhead console switch is bad. Take it to the dealer, they should be able to fix cheaply?

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had this issue the other day and pulled the glass to Investigate. to get it to close I had to help it slide forward. Turns out the plastic parts that interface with the sliders are all broken on both sides, gonna call the dealership shortly and try and get it sorted before the weekend.

mike.s

Reaction score
Mine had the same problem, wouldn't close all the way. Dealer replaced it under warranty.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Same thing with mine--known issue on these crap roofs.. Will require a total replacement of the assy. No part available individually only the assy. Mine including labor was almost 1600.00. Mine was 2 years old with about 50k.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Had same issue last month. Had assembly replaced under warranty. It's a common problem with these. The track breaks

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Now it sounds like it has something to do with the motor or cable under my headliner

It sounds like it's dealership time, svtippy. What's your truck's model year and mileage? I'll see how I can help.

Crystal