Misfire cylinder 1 detected

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cahek65

Reaction score
Hi guys! I am experiencing misfire cylinder 1 (P0301) on my truck. (2013, 6.2L, CrewCab, 25K miles, all stock)
Problem always happens under heavy acceleration when RPM exceeds 4000. Check Engine light goes blinking. Engine hesitates for a minute and then returns to stable run until I accelerate my truck again.
Idling and running at low RPM is fine.
I have already replaced all 16 spark plugs on my engine.
On cylinder 1 I installed new coil-on-plug, spark plug wire and injector. No results.
Did someone face similar issue?

w8man

Reaction score
My 2013 65k miles doing the same thing today. Two weeks ago new plugs no help, last week new coil no help mine was #5 cylinder code P0355. Runs fine one min and then sputter the next. Sure seems like a bad connection issue.

OP
OP
C

cahek65

Reaction score
You might want to check the wires thoroughly from the PCM to the coil pack.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f39/cylinder-8-misfire-engine-light-48089/

Thank you! The problem seems similar to mine.
I tried to bend a harness today to reveal problems. Unfortunately, engine was running all right...
Idle engine runs always fine. With 1 or 2 gear it runs fine at any RPM as well.
With gear 3 and 4 misfire occurs at 4200 rpm even if I speed up real slow.
I´ve just ordered a new harness. Will come back with results after replacement. Hope it will help.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Before you spend all that money and the time.
Do a continuity test of all the wires from the coil packs (1 thru 8) to the PCM and compare the results.

It's also possible that it's transmission related.
The throttle and spark response is control by the PCM which gets most of the info from the trust output sensors in the tranny.
Unfortunately, Ford has the testing equipment to check all these freaking sensors.
You get what I'm trying to suggest.

Last edited:

ckanderson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before you spend all that money and the time.
Do a continuity test of all the wires from the coil packs (1 thru 8) and compare the results.

It's also possible that it's transmission related.
The throttle and spark response is control by the PCM which gets most of the info from the trust output sensors in the tranny.
Unfortunately, Ford has the testing equipment to check all these freaking sensors.
You get what I'm trying to suggest.

Never understood the throw parts at it mentality. If you don't have the proper diagnostic equipment, take it to the people who do, pay a 100 dollar diagnostic fee or whatever it is, and know for sure. You will spend less money and time in the long run

w8man

Reaction score
Misfire

Mine has been to dealer three times.
Still no luck, it is there now.

OP
OP
C

cahek65

Reaction score
New harness fixed the problem !!!! I really do not care what was the root of problem since it is fixed. It feels so good to drive my raptor with no annoying misfire!

I drove my truck to a dealer twice. They replaced spark plugs, coil, wires and injector - no help... And charged me for all these monkey business

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Glad it's fixed!!!

Hey I just realized your in Russia, the Ford dealer there actually did work on the Raptor, that's cool.
Lot's of dealers in Europe just say no.

Please post up where and what you purchased for others to have a place to buy the right harness if needed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

cahek65

Reaction score
Actually dealers have rejected any repairs. They could only replace spark plugs and wires.
I have ordered a new harness from Ebay and replaced it myself.
So, upon my experience, Ford dealers of St.Petersburg are unable to provide good service for Raptor truck