Low oil pressure warning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since the last couple weeks, my truck is randomly giving the low oil pressure warning on the screen and the gauge shows no more pression. It comes ang goes but the truck keeps running normal. The last days it is showing this message more and more. Sometimes once every 20 minutes and just goes away after 2 seconds, sometimes 10 times in five minutes.
I've searched the forum and the internet and found a couple who had the same problem but didn't find any solution.
Does anyone know where the pressure sensor is located?

It's a '13 with 80.000 km on it.
I also recently changed the oil and the oil was at the correct level begore and after i changed it.
Any suggestions? I can't bring it to a dealer because there is as good as no service for this truck in europe.

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
First thing I'd do is check for a loose connection to the sending unit; second the sending unit itself.
If all looks good I'd connect a pressure gage to see the actual oil pressure.

ivo1.cox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HI jef, whit interface ODBII you read what Ertor code did the raptor? I use torque interface with BT and ODBII.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 utilizzando Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

Programm for Android smartphone: Dashcommand or Torque whit Lm317 interface via BT.

OP
OP
jef

jef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First thing I'd do is check for a loose connection to the sending unit; second the sending unit itself.
If all looks good I'd connect a pressure gage to see the actual oil pressure.

I have no idea where the sending unit is located. Searched the internet but didn't find any information.

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

HI jef, whit interface ODBII you read what Ertor code did the raptor? I use torque interface with BT and ODBII.

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

Programm for Android smartphone: Dashcommand or Torque whit Lm317 interface via BT.

I have the bluetooth OBL link. I'll have to check tomorrow if and what error codes it's throwing.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does the oil light come on at any rpm or is it when your coming to a stop and when idling?

Are you running any kind of Tune?

If your not using a Tune, then I would clean the MAF sensor with a MAF cleaner.
Check or get a better air filter.
And I know gas is expensive over there but running the highest Octane you can find will help your truck run better.

Note:
If the rpm drops below say 600 when in drive the oil light will light up.
Also if the oil pressure is in fact too low, the truck would go into "Limp Mode"

OP
OP
jef

jef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the oil light come on at any rpm or is it when your coming to a stop and when idling?

Are you running any kind of Tune?

If your not using a Tune, then I would clean the MAF sensor with a MAF cleaner.
Check or get a better air filter.
And I know gas is expensive over there but running the highest Octane you can find will help your truck run better.

Note:
If the rpm drops below say 600 when in drive the oil light will light up.
Also if the oil pressure is in fact too low, the truck would go into "Limp Mode"

The light comes on at all rpm's, it's very radomly.
I'm not having a tune but it has an lpg conversion since it was new. I tested driving on regular fuel and does the same thing.
I have the k&n cai. I will check the filter and maf sensor. The filter is on there for 50.000 km. Only thing i noticed when installing, is the wiring of the maf sensor is a little short for the k&n.

It doesn't go into limp mode. It just keeps running normal.

OP
OP
jef

jef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. I will check the connections tomorrow.
I'm running the oiling system for the lpg since the lpg was installed.