Low oil pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jori

Reaction score
Sometimes when i shift from Drive to Rear the car shuts down with the problem low oil pressure?

Can somebody tell me what this problem is?
Our what i can do?

Thx

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When the engine stalls the low oil pressure shows up, it's not the oil problem, something is stalling the engine, start checking the obvious stuff like dirty air filter, etc, how many miles you got?

jef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine sometimes almost stalls when shifting from drive to rear. It has something to do with my lpg conversion. You probably have this conversion too i guess. Mine does this when i shift to fast to reverse when i come to a stand still. Try to wait for 2 seconds between stand still and shifting to reverse. It works for me.

OP
OP
Jori

Jori

Reaction score
Mine sometimes almost stalls when shifting from drive to rear. It has something to do with my lpg conversion. You probably have this conversion too i guess. Mine does this when i shift to fast to reverse when i come to a stand still. Try to wait for 2 seconds between stand still and shifting to reverse. It works for me.

Yes i also have the prins lpg setup.
I will try to wait a few seconds for shifting.
Where do you live?

OP
OP
Jori

Jori

Reaction score
I got 20.000km on it.
So almost brandnew.
But maybe i can try to clean my K&N filter.
But it is only 15000km on it so it is not so dirty.

OP
OP
Jori

Jori

Reaction score
Ok thx, but how do i have to clean i've read you can do this with water and then dry it.

But i also read you can blow it out with air pressure?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok thx, but how do i have to clean i've read you can do this with water and then dry it.

But i also read you can blow it out with air pressure?
He is referring to the sensor in the air tube, not the air filter itself. When you go to replace or clean your air filter, you have to also unplug the sensor on the tube, there have been numerous members who have added to much oil to the filter and it gets sucked into the tube and lands on the sensor, remove the sensor( the one you have to unplug) and clean it gently with a rag. Also as mentioned don't switch from reverse to drive so quick, I always make a complete stop before shifting, it saves on your drivetrain components anyway.