Loud squeak from rear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frank L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took my 2013 in last week for maintenance and asked them to address the loud squeak that seems to be coming from the rear. When you are driving and slide the rear window open it is very loud. You can even hear it in the freeway at 80 mph. Ford tells me that's normal and they are not going to address it at all. WTF!! What a crappy thing to tell a customer that just dropped the $$$ on a new truck. It wasn't there when it was new and now it's normal At 15k ??

So now that I got my bitch out has anyone else experienced this and any advise on a fix or a part to make sure is broken at the next maintenance so they have to address it.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Ramrodthrusterpuppy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My rear leaf springs and/or bushings squeak....my solution? I drench the leaf packs with Krown T21 spray....it's basically an anti-corrosion spray but it lubricates very well. I get the leaf pack, eyelet/bushing area and the squeak is gone. It comes back after Winter with the snow/slush and I'll give it another spray.
I find the problem with a lot of dealers is that if they don't have a current TSB for the issue, they'll respond with the typical "It's normal" response. But I suspect that it's probably a bushing and/or pivot point squeaking away under there somehwere.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does your rear window squeak when you open it?? Or is there a loud squeak after you open it? Is it a constant squeak it only when you do certain things?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Frank L

Frank L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking leaf spring. I'll get crazy with the lube today :)
Thanks for the fast response.

It's louder when the window is open its definatly from outside and from the rear and it's there when driving down the road. Working the suspension seems to cause it but it's pretty constant.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Frank L

Frank L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just talked to the dealer tech and looks like its a shock pivot and they might be working on a fix which is why they are advising to do nothing right now. We will see...

Sca1pel

Reaction score
I had that problem myself, it ended up being the step from the rear tailgate... a little wd40 fixed it up

OP
OP
Frank L

Frank L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was closing the tailgate today I heard the squeak, it was coming from the latch on each end. A little white lithium spray grease and the squeak is gone.

Thanks for the help guys.

Last edited: