Left Turn Signal Blinks to Fast (Sometimes)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi All:

Checking in to see if anyone else has this problem. My 2014 Ford Raptor SCREW's left turn signal occasionally (and increasingly often) blinks too fast. All lights on the left turn signal (front, rear and side mirror) all blink too fast when this happens. It's about 2x+ the normal pace.

The thing is that it only does it sometimes. A few weeks ago it would happen generally the first few minutes after startup then stop. Most of the time it would not happen again until I turned off the vehicle, but occasionally it would pop up for a few turns then go away again in the same drive.

Then for the next week or so it never happened at all in any drive. Then three days ago it started happening again intermittently. And since last night it basically happens all the time and hasn't returned to normal pace during a drive as it normally did.

I already walked around the truck with the signal on (both when its acting normally and when its too fast) and all blinker lights are lighting up. I only tried the left turn signal rights when doing this method though (i.e., I did not look at the right turn signal lights).

Has anyone had this happen or know of a solution to try?

Thanks in advance!

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This happens when a light burns out. You say that all the lights are working? So my guess is that either one is about to go, or you have a poor connection (dirty light socket) likely the latter.
Two solutions...
Remove all the bulbs, clean sockets with electrical parts cleaner and install bulbs with dielectric grease
Or turn off hyperflash with forscan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
This happens when a light burns out. You say that all the lights are working? So my guess is that either one is about to go, or you have a poor connection (dirty light socket) likely the latter.
Two solutions...
Remove all the bulbs, clean sockets with electrical parts cleaner and install bulbs with dielectric grease
Or turn off hyperflash with forscan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This 100%

OP
OP
P
Reaction score
Thank you all. I will clean or replace the bulbs over the next few days. If that fails, I will come back and ask how I turn off hyper flash with forscan.

Thanks!

phydough

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If all bulbs are good and contacts clean and you still have problems.... Inspect the wiring loom along the left frame rail under the cab. They get bashed by rocks and squirrel bones and break the wires inside.

OP
OP
P
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. Fixed it this weekend. Luckily nothing to do with the wires. It was loose; sometimes it would make contact completely and work; sometimes it would not. Every time I looked at the light, it just happened to be making contact. Screwy as when seated the bulb doesn't seem like it could move much. I just replaced the bulb and haven't had the same issue since.