Key Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexasBlues

Reaction score
I have a 2013 SCREW, Tux Black, all stock...

when i got the truck, i got 2 'childrens' keys... meaning, the radio volume will not go up past 50%, and there are some satellite radio stations that are restricted because of the 'childrens' key

i bought and had cut a new UNPROGRAMMED key in order to make a 'parent' key...

will i need to have this done at the stealership? I have looked in the forums, and some say yes, some say no...

can someone here let me know the striaght poop please?

thanks!

TB

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i had this happen to me. quickest and easiest thing i did was just take it to the dealer and have a parent key made. i cant remember the cost, i think under 200$

i didnt have a key cut and ready, just walked in.

Reaction score
Any key question, does anyone have a 13 screw that could take a picture of their key and fob and send it to me, I just bought the truck, they had no keys so the people I bought it from had keys made and programmed at the dealer but I'd really like to have the key fob for a remote entry and start but I have no idea what that model is supposed to look like because there's a lot of options out there on the aftermarket thanks in advance Sam

WarEagle135

Reaction score
Any key question, does anyone have a 13 screw that could take a picture of their key and fob and send it to me, I just bought the truck, they had no keys so the people I bought it from had keys made and programmed at the dealer but I'd really like to have the key fob for a remote entry and start but I have no idea what that model is supposed to look like because there's a lot of options out there on the aftermarket thanks in advance Sam

Not my picture, but this is the type of key that came with my 13 screw.
http://www.autotransponder.com/images/super/TIK-FOR-29.jpg

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Far as I know, ya have to have the dealer do it. I had to. It isn't cheap.

The above picture is what my 2012 looks like. As far as I know it didn't change for 2013.