Inverter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fshol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Crew I ordered comes with the 110 V power inverter. Since we have 230 V over here, I want to replace it with a 230 V unit. Does anyone know where the unit is located?

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey fshol. :welcome:
I don't know the answer to your question myself, but I'm gonna move this thread over to the Raptor Tech section, as I think there is a better likelihood we'll get a quick answer over there.

BajaRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought it’s under the center console? Will the 230v generate more heat than 110v?

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Under the center console is correct. Should be plenty of room to change to another unit. I believe the factory unit is rated at 400watts. 230v won't add any additional heat.

OP
OP
fshol

fshol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Under the center console is correct. Should be plenty of room to change to another unit. I believe the factory unit is rated at 400watts. 230v won't add any additional heat.

Thanks, so i will have to find a way to get under the center console. Anyone with experience how to get there?

A10fxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you go to the site of the people that sell the lockpick and watch the install video they show how to at least move it to the rear. that might help you enough.

kglesq

Droid's Brother
Reaction score

FYI, the inverter socket in my truck (120v) indicates 150 watts.

OP
OP
fshol

fshol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, that is a little one. Toyota is using 400watt inverters. Was hoping Ford's would be at least the same. 125watts isn't going to power much.

If it is only 150 Watts (and hopefully has an acceptable wave form), use is mainly restricted to computers and A/V equipment. This means that when i replace it with a 230 VAC unit with more wattage, I also have to check and probably replace the 12 Volt DC cabling.