I think I broke my headlight adjustment gear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yufengluo

Reaction score
I was trying to get my headlights to point further down yesterday and I think I broke the adjustment gear on the driver side by going too far. You can see the top of cowl of the headlight bulb a lot more compared to the passenger side and I can't get it to come back up. The the driver side gear has a lot less resistance when you turn it compared to the other side as well. Have any of you had the this happen before? I don't want to take my headlight apart unless I have to and a whole headlight replacement is out of the question. If any of you know how exactly that gear engages the bulb please let me know. Hopefully if I ground out the gear I can still push the plastic hex bolt in the back at a certain angle to engage the bulb again. Thanks!

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It may not help, but have you tried using a 10mm wrench, on the back side, instead of a Phillips from the top?

Attachments

• 20160607_170432.jpg
    20160607_170432.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 90