Houston we have a problem! (the bent frame thread)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DB06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was posted by BlueSVT on ****** in the Outlaw Run thread...

I thought it was Fords problem that the frame bent and it has nothing to do with driver error??? I'm confused now... This guy is a complete tool!

Amen to that......

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm not sure if BlueSTI has posted this or not but here is a copy of his post on the other forum. It seems Ford is denying the work and voiding his chassis warrantee.

"Oh boy... This update is a doozie. Got a response from the Ford rep, who said they were going to see if this could be re-evaluated by the engineer. Here is the response:

Mr. Richards,

I’ve forwarded the last e-mail you sent me to both the Field Service Engineer, as well as his superior, which is our Technical Operations Manager.* Their stance on denying repairs under warranty has not changed and at this point, since you haven’t provided an estimate to prove that you had repairs performed to the frame on your vehicle at an I-Care Certified body shop, the chassis warranty has been cancelled.

I apologize that this has not resulted in a satisfactory resolution for you and at this point, you are free to pursue whichever avenues you see fit to resolve your concern.

Regards,

Xxxxx xxxxxx

When my truck was in for the claim, BEFORE my claim was even denied, I told her that I would be going on vacation for 2 weeks, starting July 7th, and that I needed to have my truck back before then... My claim was denied on the 5th, at which point I was told to have it fixed "soon" with no actual timeline or deadline.

I was also under the impression this was still being discussed, possibly re-evaluated as her Email that I posted suggests!!!!! Now this?!?

I love this truck, but their service and how this is being approached is f***ing unbelievable. I've had 10 new vehicles in the last 10 years... and this service is just unacceptable.

It's one thing to say no... Another to deny a claim without allowing my ANY discussion with the engineer, any appeal to the decision, and to cancel my existing chassis warranty with no warning other than "soon"??? Unbelievable.

At this point, I don't even expect ford to repair it...I was just hoping to actually speak to somebody about the issue at hand, instead of a sheep who says "I understand" over and over, but is completely clueless

So, there you go, I have no chassis warranty now... Not that it's worth two ***** to begin with.

- Matt"

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
What does he expect them to say...?

"Thank you for spreading rumors all over the internet about faulty frames, then admitting it was due to driver error. I'm so thankful I'm going to pay you $800 for your repairs".

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good for Ford! After all the shit he's spread with that agenda seeking, heavily moderated ******** thread on the Z, I'm glad Ford's telling him to go get ******.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Their stance on denying repairs under warranty has not changed and at this point, since you haven’t provided an estimate to prove that you had repairs performed to the frame on your vehicle at an I-Care Certified body shop, the chassis warranty has been cancelled.
Sounds like he had it repaired by a non-Ford certified shop. I don't blame them for cancelling the frame warranty. Who says Bubba's Body N' Weldin' is a competent shop (well, besides BlueSTI and Bubba)?

Makes the repair estimate of $800 by the dealer sound like a bargain (which it is), plus you get to keep your warranty.

GRT4DRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like he had it repaired by a non-Ford certified shop. I don't blame them for cancelling the frame warranty. Who says Bubba's Body N' Weldin' is a competent shop (well, besides BlueSTI and Bubba)?

Makes the repair estimate of $800 by the dealer sound like a bargain (which it is), plus you get to keep your warranty.

Well, I saw this coming and so did all of you p*ssY farts that either don't off-road or weren't there.

Going forward, could you all just please update the thread only when you eventually bend your frame?

I know most of the trollZ and preachers on this thread can give advice on which mud flap deflects the most rocks, or which stubby antennae best picks up the Rush Limbaugh station. So how about leaving this thread to the League of SoCal Desert Runners (<0.01%) that are pushing the limits and were the FIRST to SHARE this information.

We acknowledge the responsibility for the truck and the potential for costly damage, no question about that. I think you see now what you have to look forward to when you might have to deal with Ford/SVT.

Cheers,