Houston we have a problem! (the bent frame thread)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Highroller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you guy's seen the damage info on the trucks that attended the 1st Outlaw Raptor run. Multiple trucks with the same frame bending issue? The preliminary data is pointing to the rear bumpstops causing the problem. The story is on the uhhhh "Z" forums. The discussion thread is titled.

Bed Alignment issue, likely bent rear frame

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
Have you guy's seen the damage info on the trucks that attended the 1st Outlaw Raptor run. Multiple trucks with the same frame bending issue? The preliminary data is pointing to the rear bumpstops causing the problem. The story is on the uhhhh "Z" forums. The discussion thread is titled.

Bed Alignment issue, likely bent rear frame
It's being discussed here also:
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f85/monster-energy-outlaw-raptor-run-1-completed-2992/index3.html

I've read somewhere that people are thinking about sueing Ford, I hope that's not the case.

Here is what SDHQ did, but I just read that its a 5K upgrade
DSC02240.jpg
DSC02239.jpg
DSC02238.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

Highroller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They should wait and stop talking lawsuit. Let Ford have time to address the issue, I do not think Ford will shun thier Built Ford Tough Poster child!

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
Of course its $5k for Deavers, Fox 3.0s and bumps, not to mention a fair amount of fab work and some braces. The shocks alone are over $2k, then another $1400 for springs. According to the website you can purchase the bumps/braces separately from the shock setup.

GRT4DRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They should wait and stop talking lawsuit. Let Ford have time to address the issue, I do not think Ford will shun thier Built Ford Tough Poster child!

I don't think anybody that was on that run is talking lawsuit. There's a lot of armchair QBs chiming in and creating negative noise. We that have this situation are providing info and updates for the benefit of our fellow Raptor owners....

gotSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't expect or necessarily want Ford to do anything. I doubt they would fix it good enough for my taste. I'd just like them to know about it along with all of us. Is $5k really the SDHQ price for the shocks and bumps? Looking at it, I would still want some boxing done at least 12" on either side of where the factory bump stop is. The frame is only about 4"-5" there compared to nearly twice that under the cab.

Not to start a competing post here, but here is the link to my frame pics with comments.

Last edited:

FX4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw the thread on the Z, Most of those idiots over there just think they have the problem now that it has been mentioned everywhere... But I doubt many over there have come close to running as hard as those on the outlaw trip did. Suing Ford over this issue is just downright dumb as shit too!

It really ****** me off that some folks on the Z come over here for info (creeping/lurking on FRF) and then post it up on the Z like it was their secret insider info, or they knew all along... I have seen that type of shit with the clunk, the frame bend, lots of info randy posts, and a few other misc. items. It really grinds my gears... :Jedi: I also noticed that the Z has blocked/censored any mention of this site in relation to links, and even typing the name FRF in some cases... :flipthebird: