Hill Descent Control Fault, even after 3rd brake light.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Laguna

Reaction score
I have an early 2010, so naturally it was effected by the 3rd brake light moisture TSB. Originally I noticed the brake lights we're always lit up, as well as the message on screen. As such, I went down to my ford dealer and bought a new brake light switch and swapped it out under the pedal assembly. No luck.

After a quick search on here I found the TSB about the brake light housing getting moisture, sure enough my LED's we're all corroded. Ordered up a new 3rd brake light from my ford dealer, installed it last night, still Hill Descent Control Fault.

My brake lights are all working now, but I have to press the pedal really hard before they finally do light up. I can easily come to a stop and sit at the red light without ever pushing the pedal hard enough to light up the brake lights.

I'm going to try swapping the original brake light switch back in to see if that helps any, but figured I'd check here to see if there was any insight to be had.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmm. I had it on mine, pretty sure the dealer just replaced everything and its been fine ever since. Let us know what happens.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have an early 2010, so naturally it was effected by the 3rd brake light moisture TSB. Originally I noticed the brake lights we're always lit up, as well as the message on screen. As such, I went down to my ford dealer and bought a new brake light switch and swapped it out under the pedal assembly. No luck.

After a quick search on here I found the TSB about the brake light housing getting moisture, sure enough my LED's we're all corroded. Ordered up a new 3rd brake light from my ford dealer, installed it last night, still Hill Descent Control Fault.

My brake lights are all working now, but I have to press the pedal really hard before they finally do light up. I can easily come to a stop and sit at the red light without ever pushing the pedal hard enough to light up the brake lights.

I'm going to try swapping the original brake light switch back in to see if that helps any, but figured I'd check here to see if there was any insight to be had.

I had the ABS Fault and The Hill Descent Control Fault as well...Mine was a faulty "clock screw" in the steering wheel...you might have received a bad brake light from Ford...

Did you unhook the negative terminal from the battery...you might need and update to Brake module...

Just spitballing!

OP
OP
L

Laguna

Reaction score
Didn't pull the battery, just unhooked the old light and plugged in the new wiring pigtail and light assembly on the new 3rd brake light.

I'm not getting any CEL or ABS lights, and my Snap-On Ethos scanner doesnt bring up any codes.