high pitch whine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mwaite09

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I started having a high pitch whine over the last month or so and cannot figure out where it is coming from??? It sounds like it's coming from the back and it starts at any speed and the pitch gets higher (louder) the faster I go. I took it to a shop yesterday where the put it up on the lift put it drive and couldn't figure out where it was coming from?? They think it is either the drive shaft or differential but was unsure.

I drive a 2010 6.2 crew with just over 75K miles. I have an audio file I recorded but cant figure out how to upload it.

Any help is appreciated before I take it to 4wheel parts next week.

Last edited:

ITSALLGOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I started having a high pitch whine over the last month or so and cannot figure out where it is coming from??? It sounds like it's coming from the back and it starts at any speed and the pitch gets higher (louder) the faster I go. I took it to a shop yesterday where the put it up on the lift put it drive and couldn't figure out where it was coming from?? They think it is either the drive shaft or differential but was unsure.

I drive a 2010 6.2 crew with just over 75K miles. I have an audio file I recorded but cant figure out how to upload it.

Any help is appreciated before I take it to 4wheel parts next week.

So , what was the outcome ?

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
Was my wife in the back seat?