GEN 1 Help!!!! Can't pass smog in california!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

puffer45888

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i'll make it quick. 2012 crew, 60,000 miles, 2.9l whipple sc (CARB legal) with whipple factory tune. Everything else stock except whipple installed airbox.
bought used in nevada a month ago, took to smog, monitors won't pass are cat, o2s, and hrt. Is it the tune? Emissions? I bought the extended warranty so hopefully it will cover emissions. Any suggestions would be appreciated. thx all

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if the cat is OEM and actually bad emissions equipment is factory warrantied for 100k miles. that federally mandated.

joegie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you reset the ecu not too long ago? if you did the ecu takes some time to get readiness monitors to reset or show active again. also you might want to talk to the tuner to see if they turned off any of those sensors, I know sometimes tuners (other cars) will deactivate the monitor for the rear o2 so they don't get false cel's.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@puffer45888

The Whipple Tune is CARB as long as you have full stock exhaust.

If mods were done like headers and Hi- flow cats you will need O2 spacers and the right Tune!

Do you know what you have, exhaust wise?
And which Tune is in the truck right now?
Whipple has all kinds of Tunes, have you called them?

Last edited: