Help!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ditchplains1

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Update,
No change in sound over last 7 weeks, including Dirty Dozen IV. Mechanics think it's a whistle. Pulled roof mounted antenna off to park under some trees at homebuilding site. Left site and drove 10 miles to rental house...no whine/whistle.....
Antenna had been on roof for over a year and a half. Only change was suspension work/new bumpers which leveled off truck.
The shop mechanics were right; I should have listened!

Eddie

phydough

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Glad you got to the bottom of it all. I have become deaf to roof mounted wind noise makers, I have had roof mounted stuff forever.

If you are going to leave the antenna off for a while, get one of these; https://www.amazon.com/Tram-1290-Nmo-Rain-Cap/dp/B00474A1M2. They keep the NMO base free from corrosion.

The upside is that you have new u-joints with grease fittings. :cool:

OP
OP
Ditchplains1

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Phydough,
Thanks! I always put the cap on when I take the antenna off. It's a relief to know that it wasn't something important. The mechanics all smiled when I stopped by and told them they were right!

Eddie

OP
OP
Ditchplains1

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ruger,
Yes; the problem is that I'm no authority on Beer. I like the fall pumpkin beers but otherwise couldn't tell you what is good and what isn't. However they like $ too! So I've got them covered....

Eddie