heater not working?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Baginoman

Reaction score
First time today using the heater on the raptor. Felt the cab heat up, but I can't feel the hot air coming out of the vents... I hear it, but can't feel the stream of heat lol any ideas?

Hocker52

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a bad actuator in the dash. The passenger side would heat up but the driver side vents would stay cool. Is this what yours is doing?

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What thermoeter can I purchase to stick in the vents that will tell me the tempurature coming out relatively quickly? Accuracy needed.

I just purchased a new Nissan Altima and Nissan says nothing is wrong and it's normal. I have auto climate control. If it set it to 61 degrees it's cold period. If I go to 62 or higher, it cooks you and I have to turn back to 61 or turn it off.

Thoughts? Thanx

pilotrosso

Reaction score
I had a bad actuator in the dash. The passenger side would heat up but the driver side vents would stay cool. Is this what yours is doing?

Yes this is exactly what is happening, I already replaced the clicking actuator behind the nav screen in the upper middle of the dash and now I am thinking that the lower left side actuator is broken. Can you provide any further info on this situation? thanks in advance

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

one thing came to mind is that I might have installed the actuator behind the nav screen incorrectly, I took out the old clicking one and installed the new one without checking to see if the gears were in the correct spot assuming that it would only install in the correct position. Anyway I am getting ready to order the lower actuator because I am only getting heat on the passenger side and have those vents aimed at the driver but my legs and feet are not getting any heat.

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
I’m having this exact issue. Any insight on how to fix it as I’m out of warranty and it sounds like a fairly simple fix

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m having this exact issue. Any insight on how to fix it as I’m out of warranty and it sounds like a fairly simple fix
It's not the easy one to do, you have to remove parts of the dash, lots of videos on this. The actuator is cheap though. The easy one that takes 10 minutes to change is just above the gas pedal and that controls the airflow from the vents to the defrost to the floor, the other 2 actuators are hidden in the dash, if you dont have girlie arms and fingers you will be cursing, lol.

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
It's not the easy one to do, you have to remove parts of the dash, lots of videos on this. The actuator is cheap though. The easy one that takes 10 minutes to change is just above the gas pedal and that controls the airflow from the vents to the defrost to the floor, the other 2 actuators are hidden in the dash, if you dont have girlie arms and fingers you will be cursing, lol.
Any suggestions on videos? All I can find are the 2010-2016 models and I believe the one I need is the one right above the gas pedal which is a plus since it’s just my drivers side and dash vents like you stated. Plus I am fortunate to have those girlie arms you speak of so I may have a chance to test em out

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any suggestions on videos? All I can find are the 2010-2016 models and I believe the one I need is the one right above the gas pedal which is a plus since it’s just my drivers side and dash vents like you stated. Plus I am fortunate to have those girlie arms you speak of so I may have a chance to test em out
No, that one controls all of the vents, it diverts all of the air from either defrost, to the floor or out of the vents. The other actuators fluctuate between left and right, etc, I will look for the video of the one you need, hang on.

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
No, that one controls all of the vents, it diverts all of the air from either defrost, to the floor or out of the vents. The other actuators fluctuate between left and right, etc, I will look for the video of the one you need, hang on.
Thank you kind sir! My girlie arms and myself appreciate your efforts lol