Heated seat problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Jeeez FSM I got this forum up just in time....:boxed:

I was on my way to get my morning coffee when I began to realize that my rear end was on fire. My heated seat got incredibly hot to the point where it was actually uncomfortable and burning my legs. Next thing I know I hear a click and my heated seat shuts off by its self. Now when I go to press the button it lights up for about 2 seconds and shuts right off. I haven't gotten anything wet? Ever seen this one roll through the garage?

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Hmmmm Fried Chicken sounds good right about now..lol :hidesbehindsofa:
Sorry now back on topic.

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm Fried Chicken sounds good right about now..lol :hidesbehindsofa:
Sorry now back on topic.

BAWWWWWAHHAAAAHAAAA!!!!!!!!!! Now that's funny, I don't care who you are!! :bleh:

As a matter of fact BIRD, I have. One of your seat elements (likely the seat cushion, not the back rest) has shorted and finally burned to an open status, like a fuse when blown. The heated seat module is trying to turn on the heater but when it senses the lack of voltage drop, it is shutting it down.

FSM

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
BAWWWWWAHHAAAAHAAAA!!!!!!!!!! Now that's funny, I don't care who you are!! :bleh:

As a matter of fact BIRD, I have. One of your seat elements (likely the seat cushion, not the back rest) has shorted and finally burned to an open status, like a fuse when blown. The heated seat module is trying to turn on the heater but when it senses the lack of voltage drop, it is shutting it down.

FSM

damn son. that does make sense. any idea what's involved in getting this one taken care of?

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Assuming you are still under warranty, just visit your Dealer. Don't know how large your dealer is or what the parts avilability would be, but the repair will likely take 2-3 hours. It will be frying your chicken thighs again in no time!

FSM

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish air conditioned seats would have been an option. I would've gladly paid $1,500 for the option to frost my taint.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Do they actually have ac seats in car/trucks nowadays?

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Hmm, I would like me one of those. I never get cold enough to use my heated seats.