GEN 1 Headlight squeaking noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JtoU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have afrermarket fenders and those do not have proper place for headlight tabs. What have you done to keep them in place? Would like to do something for those and get rid of that noise since i finally found where it's coming.
Thank you in advance!

BajaTaxi

IG @the_baja_taxi
Reaction score
If you have the ability get the fenders aligned and in place then drill holes to put the tabs into. That is if you have a plate or backing to drill into. But one of my headlight tabs have broken off. The three oem bolts actually do a great job of holding them secure.

Post a pic so we have a better understanding of what you're working with.

Last edited:

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have afrermarket fenders and those do not have proper place for headlight tabs. What have you done to keep them in place? Would like to do something for those and get rid of that noise since i finally found where it's coming.
Thank you in advance!

The three mounting bolts up front will work just fine but I would use a thin oversized washer in addition to the stock washer to make sure your housings don't crack. I would say the sqeaking is from misaligned fenders depending on what brand they are. You may need to do a little grinding on them if they are Fiberworks.....

OP
OP
JtoU

JtoU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It didn't do that when i did fenders, now it is constant and i can't get them any tighter. There is metal support on the Boatec fenders and two metal clips that go into them, those are rubbing against each other and make noise. Now that i think more what you guy's said i should have done backing plate there and drill proper size holes for plastic tab and metal clips.
Did any of you cut that part from stock fenders? I could do that and use it since i can't sell stock fenders.
Thanks you for help!

Attachments

• IMG_3370.jpg
    IMG_3370.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cut those parts from the stock fenders and used them on mine using fiberglass apoxy to secure them to the insides of the fenders themselves.

Attachments

• 20150309_195345.jpg
    20150309_195345.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 20150309_193923.jpg
    20150309_193923.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 37
  • 20150309_195329.jpg
    20150309_195329.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 39

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Boatec has metal support there so i'll just use rivets to mount those.
Thank you guy's for pic's and advise!

Drill the old rivets out of the stock support and simply use a bolt to attach it to the Boatec brackets. It is really easier than riveting them. Make sure to attach the valance tab to the bottom to keep it in place as well. Piece of cake!!!

Good luck!!!