GEN 1 GPS not showing where im really at???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T1T.Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont use my GPS often but on trip where my girl drives we use it (since I may speed and I dont need her getting us turned around...lol..). That being said I noticed the last trip to central florida the GPS was not showing me where i truly was. I would have me a block away from my location and some times up to 3 blocks away. On the high way (I95) it would show at one point an exit behind then later i'm an exit ahead.

I looked over the search tab and I googles the issue and not having any luck.

The only thing I have done different since the last use is change to 37s. Is it related or just a fluke that it just started doing that and has nothing to do with the tires...

Thanks for any input.

OP
OP
T

T1T.Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dang.... not what I was hoping to hear. Is there a fix or I have to deal with it?

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My daughter had this problem with the "MFT" system on her 2013 Escape.
And no tire size change!
After installing the latest software it now works fine. (NO DEALER REQUIRED)
So having said that I doubt tire size plays a role.
But, it's a good idea to get a Tune were you can change tire rotation values
Should help with shift points as well.

Last edited:

whoisbigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The navigation only checks your position periodically via GPS. The rest of the time, it anticipates your position by speedometer and steering wheel. So if you have new 37's, and you are on a strait road like I-95, your position will be off until your navigation relearns what it is doing. I have 37's and went through this when I put them on and again twice with 35's and back. your truck will relearn in a short time.

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

You don't have to do anything.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine did this and never did straighten itself out (I waited as some had suggested). Once I entered all of the new tire information into my tuner (rev/mile) it cleared it up and the speedometer was accurate.

Another way, if you don't have a tuner yet, is to unhook your positive battery terminal for about 10 minutes. Then take it on a drive around the block.....

Just my $.02.....