GEN 1 Comprehensive Problem List

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a comprehensive list somewhere that lists all the known GEN 1 problems that may arise? I.E Fuse 27 and Rear Window Defrost not working

Thanks ahead!

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
no.

gen1 raptors are 100% problem free.

edit lol. i couldnt even read it.
i dont believe so, but from the research and personal experience so far of ownership. not many problems.

OP
OP
Raptized

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no.

gen1 raptors are 100% problem free.

edit lol. i couldnt even read it.
i dont believe so, but from the research and personal experience so far of ownership. not many problems.

I have had two problems now. Each time I have the problem I Google it. That it turn leads me to a thread here but not the same thread.

First was the stalling which was fuse 27. This was over a year after I purchased it.

Now its the rear defrost button not illuminating out of the blue.

smarsha11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From my personal experience The 3 major issues I've had that seem to be had by others are as you mentioned the sliding back glass failing or cracking when defrosting. Had to replace mine when the slider stopped working and defroster quit. I also had to have the molded leadframe replaced in the transmission. It took a while to diagnose but it was covered under an extended warranty and only affected 2012-2013 models I believe. Also replaced the 3rd brake light due to moisture from a bad seal.

Forgot to mention that I will also be looking to replace the power steering pump soon as it is making a hideous sound on cold starts. These seem to be weak on the gen 1 except for the very early models.

Last edited:

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i think the trans issue and maybe some motors just giving up on the highway are the two largest issues i have seen.

OP
OP
Raptized

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think the trans issue and maybe some motors just giving up on the highway are the two largest issues i have seen.

This list will help so other owners can be proactive in repairing instead of waiting for the epic fail.:win:

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There seems to be issues with the pinion bearings and some transmission shift solenoids as well. I just had both replaced in my 2014 under warranty. Some talk about a bad lot of bearings were produced.

Oil pump gears are always a hot topic as well...

R,
HAP