Gas stolen from Raptor. Pissed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alan205

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you guys do to lock your gas cap? The neighbors had 3 car loads of what looked like illegal Mexicans working on their house yesterday. This morning I get in my truck and its bone dry empty when I just filled up before weekend. Had to get a gas container and go to store to get a few gallons to get the truck to the pump.
Two things on my two-do list this week, install security cameras and more flood lights and pick up a few more boxes of buck shot.
Thanks men if you can let me know what tricks y'all done to lock it up. I'll check back in a few days and see what was suggested.

renegadeagle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you guys do to lock your gas cap? The neighbors had 3 car loads of what looked like illegal Mexicans working on their house yesterday. This morning I get in my truck and its bone dry empty when I just filled up before weekend. Had to get a gas container and go to store to get a few gallons to get the truck to the pump.
Two things on my two-do list this week, install security cameras and more flood lights and pick up a few more boxes of buck shot.
Thanks men if you can let me know what tricks y'all done to lock it up. I'll check back in a few days and see what was suggested.

You can check this
Locking Fuel plug | The Official Site for Ford Accessories
We all no nothing is impenetrable ,but this better than nothing.

SonnyAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the same locking plug for mine too...Works great and helps prevent the turds from easily messing with your tank!

D

Deleted member 12951

I have the same locking plug too and purchased it before I even got my truck. I "thought" there was a screen so they would have to break through that to get to the gas. Usually they drill a hole in the plastic gas tank and siphon it that way. I would get under your truck and look very closely for a hole in the gas tank, bet there is.

okraptor01

Reaction score
I have the same locking plug too and purchased it before I even got my truck. I "thought" there was a screen so they would have to break through that to get to the gas. Usually they drill a hole in the plastic gas tank and siphon it that way. I would get under your truck and look very closely for a hole in the gas tank, bet there is.
Yep then they plug it with a plastic type puddy quick weld. It happened to a fleet of trucks at my buddy's work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

Raptoe13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'd be lucky if they plugged it afterward. I've been on the crap end of that stick before. Check your tank over very closely before you fill it up!

OP
OP
Alan205

Alan205

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys, I have a fuel plug on order as well a installation appointment for security cameras.
I'm a little torn if I will use the locking plug, due to the fact the thieves may drill the tank next time if I have it locked?
I haven't noticed any leaking or a plug or puddy on my tank so I think I may be good there. I did find a video how they may have bypassed the flap or screen. They apparently use a hose the same size as the gas nozzle then inserted another smaller diameter tube inside that to siphon.
Anyway thanks guys I appreciate your knowledge. live and learn.