Front Suspension Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2manytrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok here's the deal... 2012 Screw with about 3100 miles on it. The front suspension lately doesn't seem to be soaking up the bumps and cracks on the highway or side streets. I can feel almost every crack, divet, bump or imperfection in the road. I get alot of "static" in the steering wheel as well.

I had not had my truck offroad yet so I said to myself...take it to a field an beat on it a little bit and soften up the shocks. I just put it in 4w Hi and started driving...probably up to 20 or 30 mph. The truck felt like it was running over washboards, steering wheel jumping all over the place. It wasn't any better than one of my old FX4's.

This doesn't seem normal to me. I haven't driven any other Raptors except mine. Could the coilovers be bad??

Last edited:

willis68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you need to take it to the dealer, in my 2011 Screw I have never experienced that

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Yeah I second taking it to the dealer, never had any issues like that.

Wheela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^x2, or just bump it up to mid perch, but b4 doin the mid if you really concered def take to stealership

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So was fine before? Just started this? Take it to the dealer to make sure something didn't fall off or break. Then go live a little and play some offroad. Maybe your Raptor's trying to tell ya something... Use it or loose it haha

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Definitely doesn't sound good from what you describe, I would take it in. Post up if you discover the issue.

OP
OP

2manytrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So was fine before? Just started this? Take it to the dealer to make sure something didn't fall off or break. Then go live a little and play some offroad. Maybe your Raptor's trying to tell ya something... Use it or loose it haha

Nope, it was smooth as silk before. I will get it in and see what the dealer says.